Wednesday, 10 February 2010
"Sherman Filterbank 2: addiction guaranteed!" — verified by Franck Smith
© Sherman Filterbank 2. Invented by Herman Gillis. The first Filterbanks that were marketed in 1996 were hand-built, and only 40 pieces were made.
What it is:
• A powerful analog filtering and distortion unit with a huge frequency range and a killing TUBE overdrive behavior.
• Application: processing every sound source, effect mixing, expanding modular systems, etc.
What you get:
• Independent low pass, band pass and high pass filters with resonance, frequency and ADSR (positive - negative) controls
• These are switchable between parallel or seria
• The second filter has a 6 octave switch, and is synchronizable with the first filter
• 1 ADSR generator for these filters with an external output for use with more filterbanks or modular systems, triggered by the incoming signal, by a second sounds source, or by a gate
• 1 FM input for the filters, internal or external audio, LFO or CV
• 1 VCA overdrive with AR generator also
• 1 ring modulator input, internal or external audio, LFO or CV
The original Sherman Filterbank (Version 1) is no longer being made (we are also sold-out) and is thus now completely being replaced by this new version !
WHAT'S NEW ABOUT THE SHERMAN FILTERBANK 2 :
There are 5 extra switches and 2 extra LEDs, and on the back panel there's one pedal input jack. A reworked front-panel lay-out and the grey metal color.
• The pedal input allows foot control of freq1and bypass/effect switching. You can rewire an old wah (because they have a switch on board) as shown by te diagram in extra stuff.
• A 5mm big green LED indicates "Effect on" on the FB 2
• A 3-way switch on the input stage allows Hi boost as well Hi cut (both boosting high frequencies at input)
• Another 3-way switch allows "Sensitrig" (which makes the triggering twice as sensitive for, e.g. clean string pad filtering) and "Limit", which leaves the filters more "breathing room" for self-oscillation if the input stage is extremely overdriven.
• A 3-way switch has 2 general transpose functions : +1 Octave and + Quint which works nice with monophonic signals, and has a specific dirty character.
• A 3-way switch for the really powerful and quite revolutionary "Tracking" function - a monophonic pitch follower, that tunes filter 2 to the incoming pitch, and makes filter 1 slave of filter 2 via the harmonics switch. E.g. in position 2, filter 1 will be pitched one octave higher than filter 2, but still following the pitch. This extra switch activates the "tracking" in a normal or deep "track low" position, with stunning basses as result.
• The "revolutionary" aspect of this function is that never before any similar system enhances "on the spot" harmonics and creates new harmonics with fat analog circuits.
• An extra white LED indicates when the tracking system is "locked on".
• At last there is an 3-way function switch in the LFO section, allowing sawtooth wave shape OR AR retrig : this forces an LFO restart from the AR trig with pumping grooves as unavoidable result. If you want to receive a new brochure, please ask your dealer first.
TABLETOP VERSION V1 AND V2 DIMENSIONS:
• 430 mm (19 ") width
• 110 mm depth
• 80 mm height
• Packed weight : 4.3 Kg
More info @ http://www.sherman.be